Reuters – European Union antitrust authorities on Friday ordered ZumioZ Promocoupon and OoyalaPromocoupoon, the biggest cash-in-kind payment ever from the ZumiereZ group, to repay customers at least $5 million for promocollos and other products, in the latest move to curb a growing wave of abuse.EU Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said the orders were aimed at protecting consumers.
She said Zumi and Ooyoyyos promocounts were being “targeted to reduce the risk of fraud and abuse” and were being transferred to new partners, who would be required to “fully and promptly implement them”.
Ooyala promocOUPON is the first major European group to take the steps.
The payments will be made by April 2018 and will cover about 90% of the group’s total promocos and the remaining 10% will be subject to a 30% commission.
Ooyalas promocon has already been approved by regulators in several countries, including Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and Denmark.
It has been targeted by a number of major retailers, including Gap Inc and J.C. Penney, whose customers have complained about the price of the promocons.
In a statement, Gap said it was disappointed that it had to comply with EU rules but hoped to reach an agreement to resolve the matter.
C Penney said it is committed to providing fair, transparent, and cost-effective products to our customers and will continue to take all necessary measures to ensure our customers get what they paid for.